Skip to content

This is a drawing board for people to create their own work by using thread-formed brushes.

Notifications You must be signed in to change notification settings

XiaohanYa/Thread-Art

Folders and files

NameName
Last commit message
Last commit date

Latest commit

History

6 Commits

Repository files navigation

Thread-Art

This is a drawing board for people to create their own work by using thread-formed brushes based on P5.js.

I was motivated by my internship of recycling idle clothes. When I was working for BaoSquared, a social enterprise, focusing on collecting and recycling idle clothes, I realised that there is a huge waste of fabrics in this consumerism era.According to Greenpeace and the World Bank, more than 1.7 million tons of chemicals are used in the dyeing of textiles and most of these are released into the rivers and oceans, contributing to almost 20% of global industrial water pollution. Here are some other facts I learned about this huge waste. I believe that the reason behind this waste is that most people do not know the value of out-of-dated clothes.

Thus, I want to use interactive art to raise their awareness and to express the ideas that every thread its unique value and we can turn the waste into the wanted.

The followings are some samples created by this dashboard.

About

This is a drawing board for people to create their own work by using thread-formed brushes.

Resources

Stars

Watchers

Forks

Releases

No releases published

Packages

No packages published